Travelling to Singapore
ENTRY REQUIREMENT FOR ALL FOREIGNERS
Visa application is required for citizens / passport holders of the following countries:
Nationals of Assessment Level I Countries
India, People's Republic of China, Holders of Hong Kong Document of Identity, Macau Special Administrative Region (MSAR) Travel Permit, Georgia, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, Commonwealth of Independent States (Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Russia, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan) and Democratic People's Republic of Korea
Nationals of Assessment Level II Countries
Afghanistan, Algeria, Bangladesh, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Kosovo, Lebanon, Libya, Mali, Morocco, Nigeria, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, Yemen, and holders of Palestinian Authority Passport, Temporary Passport issued by the United Arab Emirates and Refugee Travel Document issued by Middle-East countries
Travellers at Singapore Changi Airport who are in transit and who are not seeking entry into Singapore, do not need to apply for a visa if they remain in the transit area.
HOW TO APPLY FOR A SINGAPORE VISA
NOTE: With effect from 1st April 2009, the Singapore High Commission does not accept individual walk-in applications. Applications must be submitted in person to any of our authorised visa agents at Annex A. Applicants whose application has been approved can have their e-Visa printed by the authorised visa agents.
If you have a local sponsor in Singapore (with a Singpass account), he or she can submit your visa application online on your behalf. The online payment mode accepts Master/ Visa, Debit/ Credit cards only.
VISA APPLICATION FORM
All visa applicants are required to complete the attached visa application form 14 A in full i.e. all columns and blank spaces to be completed.
The visa application forms are also available free of charge at:
SUBMISSION OF DOCUMENTS
You can apply for your visa through any of the authorised visa agents at Annex A. Please contact them for their operating hours. Visa applications will be accepted only when all of the following documents are in order:
1. Valid passport with at least six months validity on the date of entry into Singapore;
2. Duly completed and signed Form 14A;
3. 2 recent coloured passport size photographs:
· 35 mm wide by 45 mm high without border
· Taken within the last 3 months
· Taken full face without headgear, unless the applicant habitually wears a headgear in accordance with his/her religious or racial custom but the headgear must not hide the applicant's features.
· The facial image must be between 25 mm and 35 mm from chin to crown; taken against a plain white background with matt or semi-matt finish.) Please note that scanned or unclear photographs will not be accepted and kindly ensure that your form is properly completed. Any incomplete submission or false declaration will result in the application being rejected;
4. Any other relevant supporting documents deemed to merit the consideration of the application. (e.g. Letter of Introduction, In-Principal Approval Letter, Letter of Guarantee from Shipping Agent, Company Invitation Letter, Employment Letter, Residential Proof etc);
All documents in Hindi, including official notes, should be translated into English language
VISA PROCESSING TIME
Level I applicants – 3 working days after the visa application has been submitted by the Authorised Visa Agent. This excludes weekends and public holidays.
Level II applicants - 5 to 7 working days after the visa application has been submitted by an Authorised Visa Agent. This excludes weekends and public holidays.
Submission of documents to Authorised Visa Agent ► Agent to submit documents to High Commission online ► Processing time ► Result of Visa
SERVICE STANDARD ON PROCESSING TIME
The Singapore High Commission and Immigration & Checkpoints Authority Singapore normally takes 3 working day to process the application after all relevant documents have been duly submitted by the Authorised Visa Agent. Please note that some applications may take longer to process.
1. Incomplete forms and/or documents submitted may result in the application being rejected or the processing delayed.
2. Every application for a visa, including the duration of the visa granted, will be considered on its own merits and subject to approval.
3. Possession of a visa does not guarantee entry into Singapore. The granting of entry into Singapore is determined by the Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA) officers at the point of entry. Visitors must also meet entry requirements such as holding a valid passport, sufficient funds for the period of stay in Singapore and confirmed onward/return air ticket (if applicable).
4. The validity of the visa refers to the period where the holder may seek entry into Singapore. The duration of stay is determined by ICA officers on duty at the respective checkpoints.
Visa Free Transit Facility (VFTF)
India nationals who are in transit to or from any third country by air may be eligible for 96-hours Visa Free Transit Facility (VFTF). An Indian traveller who is not in possession of a valid Singapore visa and not eligible for VFTF, will not be allowed to enter Singapore.
The following conditions apply for Visa Free Transit Facility (VFTF)
A. Transit travellers who satisfy the criteria for VFTF will have to meet the prevailing entry requirements before they are allowed entry into Singapore. Assessment for entry is determined by the Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA) officers at the point of entry.
B. Extension of stay for transit travellers under the VFTF is strictly not allowed.
Travellers who are nationals of India
Indian nationals who are in transit to or from any third country by air, may be eligible for the 96-hour VFTF for one transit in the itinerary (either forward or return leg, but not both) if they:
i. have a valid onward air ticket departing within the next 96-hours; and
ii. possess a valid visa/long-term pass (with a validity of at least 1 month from the date of entry into Singapore under the VFTF) issued by any of the following countries**:
d. New Zealand
e. United Kingdom
f. United States of America
** A visa is considered valid if it is not expired and is good for entry into the third country.
The VFTF for Indian nationals is for air to air travel only, and is only valid for one transit in the itinerary (either forward or return leg, but not both).
Single Journey Visas (SJV) issued by the above countries are also acceptable when transiting through Singapore on the onward or return leg of the same journey. For those on the return leg of the journey, i.e. after the SJV has been utilised, the following conditions must be met:
i. The traveller travels directly from the country that issued the SJV, on route through Singapore, directly back to the home country; and
ii. The traveller has not returned to their home country since the SJV was last utilised.
Travellers who are Nationals of the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS), Georgia, Turkmenistan and Ukraine
Nationals of the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS), Georgia, Turkmenistan and Ukraine may be eligible for the 96-hour VFTF, if they are on transit to or from a third country (both forward and return transit applies). However, they are required to fulfill the following conditions:
• They are in transit to or from a third country; and
• They have a valid onward air ticket departing within the next 96-hours.
Nationals of the CIS, Georgia, Turkmenistan and Ukraine may enter Singapore by any mode of transport, but should depart Singapore by air.