Social Visa Malaysia

The Short Term Social Visit Pass for Malaysia is probably the most common type of visa there is for Malaysia. This is the kind of visa you will get if you plan to come to Malaysia to stay for tourism or business purposes for a period of up to 90 days. There are other valid reasons for getting this visa as well.

The visas under this category fall into three buckets: Single Entry Visa, Multiple Entry Visa, and Transit Visa.

  • The Single Entry visa is valid for single entry just as the name says.
  • The Multiple Entry visa is issued to foreigners who will be going to Malaysia for primarily business or government matters. Each entry is for 30 days only and the extension of stay is not allowed.
  • The Transit Visa is for people who are going through Malaysia en route to another country


I’ll break everything down for you below about how to go about getting the Short Term Social Visit Pass for Malaysia.

Visa required for U.S. citizens before you go to Malaysia: No.

  • To enter Malaysia, your passport must be valid for at least six months.
  • You do not need a visa to enter Malaysia if you are coming for business or tourism for stays of 90 days or less.